Canucks reward coach Vigneault with extension
VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Vancouver Canucks coach Alain Vigneault agreed Thursday to a contract extension through the 2009-10 season.
Vigneault guided the Canucks to a 88-59-17 record in two seasons.
"This is a team that I believe in and a city that I love living and working in," he said.
The Canucks also announced assistant coaches Barry Smith and Mike Kelly were relieved of their duties.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Sutter sends Pens past Ducks in shootout
- Luongo shuts out Sabres in return to Florida
- Franzen's 2 goals highlight Wings' barrage
- Rangers use late rally to outstrip Hurricanes
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Vancouver Canucks Roberto Luongo Bracelet
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs