Avs captain Sakic still debating retirement vs. return for 20th season
Team spokesman Jean Martineau said Saturday that Sakic met with general manager Francois Giguere. He said Sakic wasn't ready to make a decision about his future.
Martineau said Giguere told Sakic to take the time he needs and he didn't expect a decision very soon.
Earlier this week, Sakic went to Croatia for teammate Marek Svatos' wedding.
Sakic will turn 39 next month. He's eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Youth Colorado Avalanche Gabriel Landeskog #92 Home Burgundy Replica Jersey