Flyers ink up-and-coming center Carter to multiyear contract
Carter, 23, was taken 11th overall by the Flyers in the 2003 draft and has 66 goals and 132 points in 225 career games. Carter played in all 82 games last season and had 29 goals and 53 points. He scored six more goals in the playoffs and helped the Flyers reach the Eastern Conference finals.
When the Flyers lost All-Star center Mike Richards to a hamstring injury in late February, Carter picked up the scoring slack. He had eight goals in the nine games Richards missed, helping the Flyers go 5-2-2 in that span.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Sharks star rookie Hertl likely out a month
- Gaborik breaks collarbone in 1st game back
- Predators rookie Jones hit in face with puck
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Philadelphia Flyers Primary Logo Orange T-Shirt