Canadiens send Grabovski to Leafs for prospect, draft pick
MONTREAL -- The rival Canadiens and Toronto Maple Leafs made a rare trade Thursday, with Montreal sending forward Mikhail Grabovski to Toronto for prospect Greg Pateryn and a second-round draft pick in 2010.
Grabovski had three goals and six assists in 27 games for the Canadiens the past two seasons.
Pateryn, a fifth-round pick in last month's NHL draft by Toronto, played in the United States Hockey League last season. He led Ohio Jr. Blue Jackets defensemen with 27 points (3-24) in 60 games. Pateryn will play for the University of Michigan for the 2008-09 season.
Also, Montreal signed defenseman Alex Henry and goalie Cedrick Desjardins to minor-league deals.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Montreal Canadiens Succeed Navy/Red Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket