Burns sent home by Wild to deal with upper body injury
Burns was hurt in pregame warmups on Saturday at Phoenix and didn't dress for Tuesday's game at San Jose. He'll miss games at Colorado Thursday and Vancouver Saturday.
The team sent him back for rest and treatment ahead of the next home game against Phoenix. Burns is considered the Wild's best blue-liner. He has three goals and one assist in nine games this season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Minnesota Wild Varsity Warm-up Grey Sweatpants