Sharks' Nabokov injured in shootout vs. St. Louis
SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Goalie Evgeni Nabokov might not play in the NHL-leading San Jose Sharks' next game after injuring himself while making the final stop in their shootout victory over St. Louis on Thursday night.
Nabokov, a finalist for the Vezina Trophy as the NHL's top goalie last year, has a lower-body injury, the Sharks said Friday.
Nabokov has a league-leading 10 victories despite an unremarkable .891 save percentage and 2.72 goals-against average. He gave up four goals to the Blues before coming up big in the shootout, stopping three of four shots to keep San Jose unbeaten in eight home games this season.
But Nabokov got up slowly after stretching his legs to stop Patrik Berglund on St. Louis' final shootout try. Nabokov skated gingerly off the ice, and he didn't practice Friday.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Sharks star rookie Hertl likely out a month
- Gaborik breaks collarbone in 1st game back
- Predators rookie Jones hit in face with puck
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's San Jose Sharks 2013 Draft Flex Fit Black Hat