Stars' Zubov activated after missing 12 games, expected to play Friday
Zubov missed all of training camp and the first 12 games of the season after undergoing hip surgery in September. He was out about half of last season with various ailments, including a sports hernia that required his second surgery on that injury in less than a year.
The Stars have missed him. Usually one of the league's better defensive teams, Dallas is last in the NHL in goals-against average (4.17) and tied for the fewest points in the Western Conference (10) after going to the conference finals last year.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Seabrook suspended 3 games for Backes hit
- Bruins muscle up to even series with Wings
- Sharks score 7 unanswered, lead Kings 2-0
- Habs edge Lightning, take 3-0 series lead
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Youth Dallas Stars Jamie Benn #14 Player Replica Kelly Green T-Shirt