Nabokov, Cheechoo out against Stars; goalie likely to miss Sunday's game
Nabokov, the NHL leader with 10 victories, sustained a lower body injury on the final stop of San Jose's 5-4 shootout victory over St. Louis on Thursday night. He's also likely to miss the Sharks' game at Phoenix on Sunday night.
Brian Boucher got his third start of the season Saturday night against the Dallas Stars. The veteran goalie had shutouts in each of his two previous starts for the Sharks, who entered the night with an NHL-leading 24 points in their first 14 games.
Cheechoo, who has four goals this season, has an upper body injury after getting hit with a hard check in the third period of San Jose's win over the Blues. He was replaced by Brad Staubitz, who was recalled from the Sharks' Worcester AHL affiliate on Friday.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Canes captain Staal has core muscle surgery
- King, L.A. agree to 3-year, $5.85 million deal
- Habs add Lacroix, Ramage to coaching staff
- Wild re-sign winger Fontaine to 2-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's New York Islanders Evgeni Nabokov #20 Player Replica Royal T-Shirt