Blue Jackets activate goalie Leclaire, who was on IR with ankle injury
The club announced the move Wednesday.
In his place, rookie Steve Mason came up from the minors and won all three games he started. Mason was named the NHL's No. 2 star for last week.
The 26-year-old Leclaire has gone 3-3-0 with a 3.41 goals-against average and 0.885 save percentage in seven games this season. He has a 44-52-11 record with a 2.75 goals-against average and 0.910 save percentage in 120 career NHL games.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blue Jackets give Dubinsky 6-year extension
- Coyotes ink forward Moss to one-year deal
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
- Schneider signs multiyear deal with Devils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Columbus Blue Jackets Team Logo Blue T-Shirt