Undisclosed injury forces Fleury to sit vs. Wild
"It's not a major injury," coach Michel Therrien said Monday. "We just don't want to take a risk."
Under rules enacted upon the recommendation of league general managers before this season, NHL teams are not required to disclose the nature of injuries.
Fleury was hurt during the third period of Pittsburgh's 5-2 victory over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday night but did not leave the game. He made 21 saves on 23 shots and is 8-3 with a 2.86 goals-against average.
Fleury will be replaced by Dany Sabourin, who has a 3-1 record and a 1.68 GAA.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Avs goalie Varlamov has charges dropped
- Capitals' Ovechkin scores 400th career goal
- Vanek lifts Islanders past slumping Rangers
- Rinne's recovery from hip infection delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Tricky Lou Navy Hat