Senators' Fisher has strained ligament; Neil to have surgery on torn meniscus
Fisher, a center, strained a ligament in his right knee during a shootout loss to the New York Rangers on Monday night, the Senators' fifth straight loss, which dropped them to last place in the Eastern Conference. The injury will not require surgery.
Neil, a right wing, tore the meniscus in his right knee on Saturday in a loss to the New York Islanders and will undergo surgery. He's expected to miss at least a few weeks.
Fisher has two goals and four assists in 16 games, and Neil has two goals and an assist in 17 games this season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Ottawa Senators Red Relax Long Sleeve Shirt