Torn ACL shelves Stars' Morrow for season
"We are obviously very disappointed to hear the news about Brenden's knee," co-general manager Les Jackson said Friday. "As our captain, he will obviously be missed, but we have every assurance that he can and will come back from this injury at 100 percent. There is a lot of hockey left to be played this season, and we are confident our team will rally together and keep pushing."
The 29-year-old Morrow had five goals, 10 assists and 49 penalty minutes in 18 games this season. Morrow led the Stars in goals last season with 32.
The Stars recalled right wing Landon Wilson from Grand Rapids of the AHL to take Morrow's roster spot.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Steen, Blues agree to 3-year, $17.4M extension
- Blue Jackets D Prout on IR, out 2-3 weeks
- Bruins' Thornton appeals 15-game penalty
- Pens place Letang on IR; Malkin day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Dallas Stars Green Sheen Tote