Left arm injury to sideline Zednik for several weeks
SUNRISE, Fla. -- Florida winger Richard Zednik will be out for several weeks after injuring his left arm during Monday night's 3-2 victory over Carolina.
Zednik was hurt in the second period when he was checked into the boards behind the Carolina net by defenseman Josef Melichar.
"It looks fairly long-term, weeks anyway," coach Pete DeBoer said.
Zednik missed the final 24 games of last season after his neck was slashed by the skate of teammate Olli Jokinen during a Feb. 10 game at Buffalo.
Zednik has three goals and five assists this season.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Florida Panthers Reversible Center Ice Collection Player Knit Hat