Hurricanes recall Peters, place Gleason on injured reserve
To clear roster room for Peters, the Hurricanes placed defenseman Tim Gleason on injured reserve. Gleason has missed the last four games with a leg injury.
Players on IR are ineligible to compete in games for at least a week.
The 22-year-old Peters was Carolina's second-round selection in the 2004 entry draft, and this will be his first call-up to the NHL. He is 3-7-2 this season for Albany with a 2.79 goals-against average, a .911 save percentage and one shutout.
Ward hurt his groin Sunday against the Anaheim Ducks.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
- Jackets pounce early, extend Rangers' skid
- Iginla, Seidenberg help B's hold off Oilers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Carolina Hurricanes Cam Ward #30 Black Premier Jersey