Sabres add Gaustad to IR, recall AHL rookie Kennedy
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres placed center Paul Gaustad on injured reserve Saturday because of an upper-body injury and recalled left wing Tim Kennedy from Portland of the American Hockey League.
Gaustad, placed on IR retroactive to Dec. 17, has missed four games since he was injured against New Jersey last week. He also missed the first nine games of the season because of a thumb injury that required surgery.
Gaustad has three goals and seven points in 22 games this season.
Kennedy leads AHL rookies with 22 assists, and also has seven goals in 29 games for Portland. Buffalo acquired Kennedy in a draft-day trade with Washington after he was selected 181st overall by the Capitals in 2005.
Kennedy made his NHL debut Saturday night against the New York Islanders.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Jagr sets mark for game winners in victory
- Sutter SO goal lifts Penguins over Rangers
- Steen, Blues agree to 3-year, $17.4M extension
- Wild put Harding on IR to work on MS meds
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Turner Licensing Buffalo Sabres 2014 Wall Calendar