Bergeron cleared to play vs. Caps
The forward then registered an assist in Tuesday night's 3-2 overtime win against the Washington Capitals.
Bergeron registered 17:38 of ice time after receiving medical clearance and skating with his teammates earlier in the day. Bergeron missed the last 72 regular-season games and the playoffs last season with a concussion sustained when he was hit from behind by Philadelphia's Randy Jones.
His most recent concussion occurred Dec. 20 when he checked Carolina's Dennis Seidenberg and fell to the ice before getting up several minutes later. He said Tuesday that he's felt well the past week. The 23-year-old Bergeron has four goals and 14 assists in 31 games but only one goal came in his last 19 games.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Levelwear Men's Boston Bruins Patrice Bergeron #37 Black Ice Charcoal T-Shirt