Blues' Kariya has second hip surgery
ST. LOUIS -- Blues forward Paul Kariya underwent surgery on his right hip Tuesday, a little more than a month after an operation to fix his left hip.
Kariya hasn't played since Nov. 5 and is likely out for the season. St. Louis said in a statement that the surgery was successful and that Kariya will be sidelined indefinitely.
Both surgeries were performed by Dr. Marc Philippon in Vail, Colo. The first took place on Jan. 5, and a second MRI on his right hip revealed tearing in the labrum.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley out for season after collapse
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
- Canucks win SO; Kesler hurt, out 'a while'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games St. Louis Blues 60'' 3-Shade Billiard Lamp