C Briere rejoins Flyers' practice
"There's still lots of pain and a lot of discomfort, depending on what I do," Briere said. "But just from skating this past weekend [by himself] to today was way better. I was able to do a little bit more with the puck and shoot a little harder and skate a little harder."
Briere hopes to return by Feb. 24, for a game against Washington.
Briere also had surgery in late October to repair a torn abdominal muscle. He injured his groin against Tampa Bay on Dec. 2, his last game with the Flyers, and had surgery Jan. 22.
Briere has five goals and nine points in nine games this season. Last season, he had 31 goals and 41 assists.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Capitals bring back Orlov for two years, $4M
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Northwest Philadelphia Flyers Puck Sherpa Throw