Short-handed Isles lose Park for a month
Park had 15 minutes, 53 seconds of ice time Wednesday during a 3-1 road loss to the New York Rangers and showed no sign of injury. The Islanders didn't know when Park got hurt, but the 32-year-old right winger crashed hard into Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist 6:32 into the second period and was sent off for interference.
Park and captain Bill Guerin were the only Islanders who played in all of New York's first 57 games.
Trent Hunter, who had missed four games due to a hip flexor injury, returned to the Islanders lineup Thursday in place of Park.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Levelwear Men's New York Islanders Dunhill Blue Polo