Short-handed Isles lose Park for a month
Park had 15 minutes, 53 seconds of ice time Wednesday during a 3-1 road loss to the New York Rangers and showed no sign of injury. The Islanders didn't know when Park got hurt, but the 32-year-old right winger crashed hard into Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist 6:32 into the second period and was sent off for interference.
Park and captain Bill Guerin were the only Islanders who played in all of New York's first 57 games.
Trent Hunter, who had missed four games due to a hip flexor injury, returned to the Islanders lineup Thursday in place of Park.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint New York Islanders Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum Signature Rink Photo