Crosby sidelined by sore groin
Crosby was injured Sunday in a loss to Washington and said Wednesday, "It just hasn't improved a whole lot." He practiced Monday but left Tuesday's practice after only a few minutes.
Crosby is day to day, and it is uncertain how many games he can play during Pittsburgh's five-game road trip, which begins Friday in Chicago. He has missed only one previous game to injury this season.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- 3 more Penguins to be tested for mumps
- No league discipline for Bruins' Bartkowski
- Canucks' Hansen expected to be OK after hit
- Howe's family: Stem cell effect 'miraculous'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Pittsburgh Penguins 2014 Nhl Stadium Series Sidney Crosby #87 Premier Jersey