Hit to head benches Eager for 3 games
NEW YORK -- Chicago left wing Ben Eager was suspended for three games without pay by the NHL on Saturday night for a hit to the head on Edmonton left wing Liam Reddox in the Oilers' 5-4 shootout victory Friday night.
Eager, who wasn't penalized during the game for the hit, is considered a repeat offender under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
The suspension will cost him $21,951.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Chicago Blackhawks Black Score NHL Full-Zip Hoodie