Ward gets respite after 28 straight starts
NEWARK, N.J. -- Hurricanes goaltender Cam Ward finally has a day off, ending a streak of 28 straight starts.
Ward posted a 19-7-2 record in the run that started Feb. 7 and led the Hurricanes to the playoffs. He had a 2.30 goals against average, a .922 save percentage and three shutouts in the span.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Jagr passes Yzerman as Devils beat Sens
- Steen, Blues agree to 3-year, $17.4M extension
- Wild put Harding on IR to work on MS meds
- Lucic softens: Still proud of Vancouver roots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Carolina Hurricanes Mini Goalie Mask