Sens give Elliott two-year contract
The deal that will pay Elliott $800,000 next season and $900,000 in the 2010-11 campaign was announced by the Senators on Tuesday.
Elliott, 24, played in 31 games with Ottawa last season, going 16-8-3 with a 2.77 goals-against-average and a .902 save percentage. He set a franchise record for a rookie goalie when he won eight consecutive games from March 5-21, and earned his first NHL shutout on March 29 by making 20 saves in a 3-0 win at Tampa Bay.
Elliott also played in 30 games last season with the AHL's Binghamton Senators, posting an 18-8-1 record with two shutouts, a 2.31 GAA and a .926 save percentage.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blues' Tarasenko needs surgery, out 6 weeks
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars' Lehtonen (concussion) on verge of return
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's St. Louis Blues Brian Elliott #1 Player Replica Navy T-Shirt