Hawks' Kane's case heads to grand jury
Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita III says his office will present the facts and call witnesses before a grand jury on Thursday. The panel can then decide to bring charges or drop the case.
Buffalo police charged the 20-year-old Kane and a 21-year-old cousin with felony robbery and misdemeanor counts of theft and criminal mischief early Sunday after cab driver Jan Radecki told officers the Kanes beat him up during a dispute over the fare.
Kane pleaded not guilty after spending a couple of hours in jail.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Levelwear Men's Chicago Blackhawks Patrick Kane #88 FX Highlight Reel White T-Shirt