Prospal signs deal with Rangers
General manager Glen Sather says the Rangers can use the 6-foot-2, 198-pound Czech star on the wing or at center.
Two seasons ago, Prospal had a career-high 33 goals to lead the Philadelphia Flyers before joining the Lightning for the third time in his career. The 34-year old broke into the NHL with Philadelphia and has also played for Ottawa, Florida and Anaheim.
In 874 career games, Prospal has 198 goals and 599 points, and has been durable enough to play at least 80 games in each of the last seven seasons.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Islanders reach deal to transfer ownership
- Moore, Bertuzzi settle lawsuit out of court
- Sens sign LW MacArthur to 5-year extension
- Concussion lawsuits combined in Minnesota
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Soft Touch New York Rangers Travel 'n Training Fusion Blue Shirt