Canes add 'proven winner' Yelle
NHL Rumor Central
ESPN Insider has the updated buzz from the National Hockey League rumor mill.
The Hurricanes said Wednesday that the 14-year pro has agreed to a one-year deal worth $550,000.
The 35-year-old had seven goals and 11 assists with Boston, and has won the Stanley Cup twice with Colorado.
General manager Jim Rutherford calls Yelle "a proven winner" who "adds depth and experience to the Hurricanes at the center position."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Blue Jackets give Dubinsky 6-year extension
- Coyotes ink forward Moss to one-year deal
- Twin $84M Blackhawks deals for Kane, Toews
- Schneider signs multiyear deal with Devils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Carolina Hurricanes 2013 Center Ice Collection Quarter-Zip Baselayer Shirt