Judge: Man owes Fedorov $60 million
Wayne County Circuit Judge Kathleen MacDonald made the ruling Friday and her clerk confirmed the decision Monday.
Fedorov says Joseph Zada of Grosse Pointe Shores swindled him out $43 million during the past 11 years. He allegedly promised to repay the former player $60 million by April 20.
Zada's attorney, Benjamin Aloia, said his client should have more time to respond to the lawsuit. Peter Alter, one of Fedorov's attorneys, told the Detroit Free Press that the judgment "is an important and necessary step" in the case.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Trademark Games Detroit Red Wings Dart Cabinet