Brassard signs extension with Jackets
ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun reported the deal, which takes effect in the 2010-11 season, is worth $12.8 million. It will pay Brassard $2.8 million in 2010-11, $3 million in 2011-12, $3.3 million in 2012-13 and $3.7 million in 2013-14.
The 22-year-old Brassard had 10 goals and 15 assists in 31 games in 2008-09 before a dislocated shoulder ended his season in December.
Brassard was Columbus' first pick, and sixth overall, in the 2006 draft. At the time of his injury, he led NHL rookies in points, and he was rookie of the month in October.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Jackets pounce early, extend Rangers' skid
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Canes' Semin activated from IR after 12 games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Women's Columbus Blue Jackets Marina Heathered Navy T-Shirt