Myers is second-tallest in NHL
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- He's not only tall, he's a top prospect. And now rookie Tyler Myers is on the team.
After a stellar 2008-09 season at Kelowna, where he led the Rockets to the WHL championship and was named the league's playoff MVP, Myers -- Buffalo's top pick in the 2008 draft (12th overall) -- is on the Sabres' 23-man roster that was announced Wednesday afternoon.
"I came into camp telling myself that I'm going to compete as hard as I can for a spot on the team," Myers said.
Myers, 19, signed a three-year entry level contract in May, and under NHL rules, the first year won't kick in until he plays his 10th NHL game this season.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Levelwear Men's Buffalo Sabres Ryan Miller #30 FX Highlight Reel White T-Shirt