McKee out two to four weeks
PITTSBURGH -- The injury-thinned Pittsburgh Penguins are down another player.
Defenseman Jay McKee has an infected finger that will keep him out two to four weeks. He was hurt late in Pittsburgh's 5-2 win over the Anaheim Ducks on Monday and is the fifth of the team's top six defensemen to be sidelined since late October.
The Penguins, already playing with three defensemen from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, may not have to recall another because Sergei Gonchar is expected to return Thursday night in Ottawa.
Gonchar, one of the point men on the power play, has missed 12 games with a broken left wrist.
Talbot had surgery in July to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Letang cleared to practice after stroke
- Stars-Jackets game rescheduled for April 9
- Flyers beat Penguins for second straight day
- Sharks shrug off Rangers to win 6th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Brooks Orpik #44 Player Replica Black T-Shirt