McKee out two to four weeks
PITTSBURGH -- The injury-thinned Pittsburgh Penguins are down another player.
Defenseman Jay McKee has an infected finger that will keep him out two to four weeks. He was hurt late in Pittsburgh's 5-2 win over the Anaheim Ducks on Monday and is the fifth of the team's top six defensemen to be sidelined since late October.
The Penguins, already playing with three defensemen from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, may not have to recall another because Sergei Gonchar is expected to return Thursday night in Ottawa.
Gonchar, one of the point men on the power play, has missed 12 games with a broken left wrist.
Talbot had surgery in July to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Reimer agrees to two-year deal with Leafs
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Pittsburgh Penguins Black Relax Long Sleeve Shirt