Canucks' Demitra set to make debut
Vancouver forward Pavol Demitra is expected to make his season debut Saturday against Pittsburgh.
Demitra has been out since hurting his shoulder in last year's playoffs. He had surgery in May and again in mid-October.
"I'm very excited but also a little bit nervous," Demitra told the Vancouver Sun after Saturday's optional morning skate. "How is everything going to work... but I think it's a good time for me to step up and see what I can do."
He was selected to Slovakia's Olympic squad earlier this month.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Blue Jackets activate Tyutin, reassign Goloubef
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Vancouver Canucks Two Pack Backseat Utility Mats