Avs' Hejduk to be out 2-4 weeks
Colorado forward Milan Hejduk needs arthroscopic knee surgery and will be out two to four weeks.
The procedure comes after the three-time All-Star has already missed six games this season due to the knee injury.
"Obviously he's one of our better players and a guy who contributes a lot offensively for our team," Matt Duchene said in a team release. "He's a guy that I've played with most of the year and have had great chemistry with, so it's tough to lose a great linemate like that."
Hejduk's 30 points are tied for fourth on the team. He is second on the team in goals with 15.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Colorado Avalanche Crusher Watch