Sutton suspended for hit on Dupuis
Sutton, who was handed the suspension Wednesday, was assessed a major penalty and game misconduct for boarding after hitting Dupuis with less than three minutes left in New York's 6-4 loss to the Penguins on Tuesday night.
Dupuis was down on the ice for several minutes before being helped to the Penguins' dressing room. He used a towel to cover up an apparent nose injury, and blood stains remained visible on the ice.
Sutton will miss Thursday's game against Florida and will sit Saturday against New Jersey, forfeiting more than $31,000 in salary. He's eligible to return Jan. 26 against Washington.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ovechkin nets 4 to key Caps to SO victory
- Rangers' Callahan (knee) to miss 4-6 weeks
- Bruins prevail in Iginla's return to Calgary
- Bettman: Players learning how to hit safely
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's New York Islanders Josh Bailey #12 Player Replica Royal T-Shirt