Panthers' Horton to miss 4-6 weeks
Panthers general manager Randy Sexton on Saturday said Horton's injury doesn't require surgery. Some of his recovery will occur during the NHL's Olympic break in February, which Sexton called a "silver lining."
Horton was injured Thursday night in Florida's 2-1 loss to the New York Islanders. He was hit in the leg with a puck and had to crawl to the bench.
Horton has 17 goals and 29 assists in 51 games this season.
The Panthers play the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Jagr sets mark for game winners in victory
- Sutter SO goal lifts Penguins over Rangers
- Steen, Blues agree to 3-year, $17.4M extension
- Wild put Harding on IR to work on MS meds
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Florida Panthers White Basic Logo Adjustable Hat