Injured forward Grabovski arrested
Grabovski, 26, who was attending the Olympics to root on the Belarus hockey team despite his injury, was released Saturday at around 9 a.m. PT to his parents, the Toronto Star reported. He had not been charged as of late Saturday night, according to the newspaper.
"Our hockey club is aware of reports that forward Mikhail Grabovski was involved in a minor altercation in Vancouver early Saturday morning," Leafs general manager Brian Burke said in a news release. "Since we are presently investigating this matter, the team will not provide any further comment at this time."
Grabovski, selected by the Montreal Canadiens in the fifth round of the 2004 draft, is a three-year veteran. He had seven goals and 18 assists in 42 games this season when he was sidelined.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Kunitz, Crosby lead Pens to 6th straight win
- Kings' Jones keeps win streak going vs. Sharks
- Miller lifts Sabres to rare 2-game win streak
- Flyers stun Jackets on Giroux's 2 late goals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Toronto Maple Leafs 2013 Center Ice Collection Elite Blue Shirt