Malkin, Laich sit out
Malkin sat out for the fourth time in five games because of a bruised right foot. Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma says he doesn't have a target date for Malkin's return, but "it's not a long-term situation at this point."
Laich was struck near the eye by a puck during practice Tuesday and also missed Washington's game Thursday night at Carolina. Capitals coach Bruce Boudreau said he hopes Laich will be able to skate Friday and play Sunday against the Calgary Flames.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Read, Flyers shut out short-handed Penguins
- Habs to have Price back in goal against Sens
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Washington Capitals Brooks Laich #21 Red T-Shirt