Vermont's Irwin signs with Maple Leafs
BURLINGTON, Vt. -- The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed Vermont forward Brayden Irwin to a two-year contract.
The 6-foot-5, 215-pound Irwin led the Catamounts with 34 points and helped the team earn a second straight bid to the NCAA tournament.
The Maple Leafs announced the deal on Monday, saying Irwin would join the team for their final six games of the season.
The Toronto native plans to return to Burlington after the regular season ends April 10 to finish school. He expects to graduate this spring.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Benn, Stars need OT for win in return to ice
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Reversible Men's Toronto Maple Leafs Center Ice Collection Player Blue/Grey Knit Hat