Tkachuk scratched from final NHL game
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Keith Tkachuk has played his final NHL game, and the Blues forward did it in front of the home fans back in St. Louis.
The Blues scratched the 38-year-old Tkachuk from Saturday night's regular-season finale at Nashville. The team held a postgame ceremony to honor his career after a 6-3 win over Anaheim in St. Louis on Friday night.
Tkachuk, one of four NHL players with 1,000 points and 2,000 penalty minutes, had a couple of assists in that win after announcing his retirement on Wednesday.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Women's St. Louis Blues Fire Drill V-Neck T-Shirt