DETROIT -- Detroit Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch says the team will probably play at Joe Louis Arena again next season.
Ilitch was at the storied venue Monday with his wife, Marian, for the annual team picture. He told The Associated Press that "we'll probably end up here."
Joe Louis Arena opened in 1979. The Red Wings' building lease expires at the end of the NHL season.
The Red Wings have been contemplating whether to build a new arena or move at least temporarily to The Palace of Auburn Hills, the home of the NBA's Detroit Pistons.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Crosby fuels early flurry as Pens clip Caps
- Kings corral Flames to extend streak to 8
- Avs take fifth in 6 on Duchene's goal in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Detroit Red Wings Traverse Soft Shell Full-Zip Red Jacket
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs