Boucher was Philadelphia's postseason starter until he sprained a ligament in his left knee in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Leighton took over and had three shutouts in the East finals to lead the Flyers to their first Stanley Cup finals in 13 years.
Boucher was expected to miss the rest of the postseason. Boucher said after Wednesday's practice there were no setbacks in his rehabilitation. He wants to be in uniform for Saturday's Game 1 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Boucher is 6-4 in the playoffs this year with a 2.33 goals-against average.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Rangers' Lundqvist wins 300th, blanks Wings
- Kings cruise past Oilers for 7th straight win
- B's tame Panthers, season-best streak at 5
- Stars call up goalie with Lehtonen in limbo
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Philadelphia Flyers Center Ice Collection Grey/Orange Draft Flexfit Hat
- NHL Home
- Carolina Hurricanes
- Columbus B. Jackets
- New Jersey Devils
- New York Islanders
- New York Rangers
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Washington Capitals
- Boston Bruins
- Buffalo Sabres
- Detroit Red Wings
- Florida Panthers
- Montreal Canadiens
- Ottawa Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning
- Toronto Maple Leafs