Former starter could back up Leighton
Mike & Mike in the Morning
ESPNChicago.com's Jesse Rogers explains why the Philadelphia Flyers might not be a good matchup for the Chicago Blackhawks, even though he takes Chicago to win in seven games.
Boucher was Philadelphia's postseason starter until he sprained a ligament in his left knee in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.
Leighton took over and had three shutouts in the East finals to lead the Flyers to their first Stanley Cup finals in 13 years.
Boucher was expected to miss the rest of the postseason. Boucher said after Wednesday's practice there were no setbacks in his rehabilitation. He wants to be in uniform for Saturday's Game 1 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
Boucher is 6-4 in the playoffs this year with a 2.33 goals-against average.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Blackhawks chase Emery, rough up Flyers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Gear For Sports Men's Philadelphia Flyers Orange Lace-Up Hoodie