Pens seek toilet-flushers for new arena
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Penguins are looking for 250 students to help with an important task and there's only one major requirement: You must know how to flush a toilet.
Construction is near completion on the Penguins' new arena, the Consol Energy Center. But like with any new arena or stadium, officials need to simultaneously flush all the toilets and urinals to make sure everything is working. The Penguins are calling the June 10 event the "Student Flush," a spinoff of their popular ticketing program known as "Student Rush."
Students already involved in the ticketing program can enter for a chance to win. Students must be 18 or older to participate in the flush-apalooza.
In all, there will be 400 flushers, including some construction officials, on hand that day.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
- Jackets pounce early, extend Rangers' skid
- Iginla seals it as Bruins hold on vs. Oilers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey Overtime Vegas Gold/Black Hoodie