Orpik had hernia for 2nd half, Olympics
A sports hernia occurs when there is a weakening of the muscles or tendon in the lower abdomen.
Orpik played with the injury during the second half of the NHL season, including the Olympics in Vancouver. He played for the silver medalist United States.
General manager Ray Shero said Orpik is expected to be ready for the start of training camp in September.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- Flyers' Schenn hit with max cross-checking fine
- Blackhawks' Mayers retires after 15 seasons
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Pittsburgh Penguins Black Stadium Full-Zip Jacket