Jackets fire ex-interim head coach Noel
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The Columbus Blue Jackets have fired former interim head coach Claude Noel, assistants Gary Agnew and Gord Murphy and strength and conditioning coach Barry Brennan.
The team announced the moves Tuesday.
Scott Arniel, hired last week as the club's new head coach, will get to start fresh with a new staff.
Noel led the team to a 10-8-6 mark after Ken Hitchcock was fired on Feb. 3. He had been with the club for three seasons.
Agnew also had served as an interim coach for the Blue Jackets in November 2006 and was with the team for four years.
Murphy had been on the coaching staff since July of 2002.
Arniel, former head coach of the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League, was hired June 8 after a lengthy search.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Struggling Flames fire GM Feaster, assistant
- St. Louis' SO goal delivers Lightning by Wings
- Jackets pounce early, extend Rangers' skid
- Iginla, Seidenberg help B's hold off Oilers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Columbus Blue Jackets Navy Spark Polo