Bob Probert's memoir proceeds
TORONTO -- The family of Bob Probert has decided to proceed with a memoir the longtime NHL enforcer was working on before his death.
The book also will delve into his off-ice troubles. Probert struggled with drinking problems during his 16-year career.
Probert was co-writing the book with Kirstie McLellan Day before he died last month of a heart attack at 45 while boating with his family.
His wife, Dani Probert, says it was her husband's dream to publish the book, and he wanted "to tell it like it really was -- behind the headlines."
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- Bruins win 7th straight for top spot in East
- Marleau, Pavelski power Sharks to SO win
- Blues stay on top with 3rd-period barrage
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's Chicago Blackhawks Black Replicant Flex Fit Hat