Goalie Nikolai Khabibulin sentenced
The four-time All-Star received the sentence Tuesday in Scottsdale City Court. He was also fined $5,100 and must enroll in an alcohol-treatment program.
He was ordered to report to jail Saturday, but that could be delayed because he's appealing his sentence.
The 37-year-old played for the Phoenix Coyotes from 1996-99 and still has a home in Paradise Valley. He was pulled over in his Ferrari on Feb. 8, after the car was clocked at 70 mph in a 45 mph zone.
Police said an officer smelled alcohol and Khabibulin was arrested after a field sobriety test.
Khabibulin signed a four-year, $15 million deal with Edmonton last year.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Edmonton Oilers Royal Blue Spark Polo