Thrashers to keep Niclas Bergfors
The restricted free agent signs just days before training camps open around the NHL.
The 23-year-old Swede had 21 goals and 23 assists in 81 games with New Jersey and Atlanta last season, his NHL rookie campaign. He was dealt to the Thrashers in the Ilya Kovalchuk trade last February.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Franklin Winnipeg Jets Kids' Uniform Set