Hip surgery to sideline Matt Walker
General manager Paul Holmgren on Tuesday said Walker needs surgery to repair a torn labrum and what he called a "boney impingement" in his right hip. Walker is expected to miss 10 to 12 weeks.
The Flyers acquired Walker from the Tampa Bay Lightning in July as part of a trade involving Simon Gagne. Walker sat out the start of the regular season after being bothered by the injury during the preseason.
Holmgren says Walker will have the surgery Wednesday in Nashville, Tenn.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Chara's knee injury to cost him 4-6 weeks
- Senators to honor fallen soldier Saturday
- Judge blocks sports gambling in New Jersey
- Neal's hat trick lifts Predators past Blackhawks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Women's Philadelphia Flyers Black Inna Toggle Full-zip Hoodie