Blue Jackets place Ethan Moreau on IR
General manager Scott Howson announced the move Thursday.
The 35-year-old Moreau was struck by a shot from Anaheim's Paul Mara early in the second period of Wednesday night's 3-1 Blue Jackets victory. Coach Scott Arniel said after the game that Moreau's injury did not look good and he would be sidelined indefinitely.
Moreau had one goal and one assist in five games with the Blue Jackets this season.
The Huntsville, Ontario, native was claimed off waivers from the Edmonton Oilers on June 30.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Tatar agrees to 3-year deal with Red Wings
- Maple Leafs sign Winnik to 1-year contract
- Brassard, Rangers agree on five-year deal
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Columbus Blue Jackets Shine Blue T-Shirt