Sheldon Souray breaks hand in fight
Sheldon Souray will be out at least 10 days with a fractured right hand, the veteran defenseman confirmed to ESPN.com Tuesday.
"Small break, 10-14 days," Souray, 34, said via text message.
Souray broke it during a fight in an AHL game Saturday night.
He's been on loan with Hershey of the AHL while the Edmonton Oilers continue to try and move him.
He asked for a trade last summer and the Oilers haven't been able to trade him, having twice also put him on waivers without takers.
Souray has two years left on his deal paying him $4.5 million this year and next although his cap hit in the NHL is $5.4 million per season.
Pierre LeBrun covers the NHL for ESPN.com.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Iginla gets 2 assists as Bruins top Flames
- Bruins' Thornton appeals 15-game penalty
- Keith, Blackhawks stay hot, top Predators
- Sharks beat Blues to sweep season series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Youth Edmonton Oilers Big Logo Blue T-Shirt