Vincent Lecavalier out 4-5 weeks
The team said the operation was performed Monday in Cleveland by Dr. Tom Graham, who inserted a plate and screws to secure an "unstable fracture."
Lecavalier was injured during a game at Washington on Nov. 11. He has three goals and six assists in 10 games this season.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Soft-Touch Men's Philadelphia Flyers Vincent Lecavalier #40 Player Replica Orange T-Shirt